January 24, 2018

Recovery Update


So I'm on the mend and it's infuriating. Yes, I know healing takes time and I should be grateful it's not worse. I'm very grateful as well as lucky that it's not worse, however, this process is tedious and sometimes painful.

Being on the mend, I don't function as efficiently as I'm used to and it makes me feel dreadful. I am making great progress and have projects that I'm able to work on while recovering so when the dread comes and goes its not so bad.

As of now my pelvis and hip have been cleared and my femur is growing new bone. I am still in physical therapy for bending my knee which is going well. In the mean time my mom got a family membership to LA Fitness so we (she has her own bodily damage/not from my accident) can continue to do aqua therapy which is nice but I do still need manual therapy.
 I have yet to fix my chipped tooth but it's on my list. Also once I was getting off the drugs I could feel the damage to the left side of my neck, it wasn't whiplash I don't think but I did have to visit my chiropractor because it was awful. As far as my head, for the most part it's fine, sometimes my short term memory is a bit dodgey if it's not important, though some things I don't realize I've forgotten anything until they come up and I've forgotten some of my coworkers names.

I've been keeping track of my knee bend measurements, at first there were two measurements taken but sometimes it's just one, where I could bend and the other to where the therapist could push it.

Oct 17th 26°|35°  Nov 16th 50°|58°
Nov 29th 61°  Dec 12th 71°|75°
Jan 8th 90° 
*measurements are taken lying down, take off maybe about 10° for standing.

Here is my latest femur x-ray taken in Dec my next one will be in Feb. My mom said being on blood thinner might have prolonged my healing but I always get told I'm doing so well and they seem a bit surprised sometimes. I think doctors just do that to make you feel good but who knows, I was told I was in better shape than most people that break there femur so I guess they could mean it.


Ta-Da!!!!!
It just feels like a knot, it doesn't normally bother me unless I've been walking for awhile and sometimes after excersize. My limp is pretty miniscule unless my knee is sore but then it adjusts. Also, I thought it was just the skin but actually the left side of my knee is numb.
No, the rod will never be removed, however, there is a possibility I'll have to get the screws taken out, which would most likely result in the need for therapy.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll answer to the best of my understanding, I may have left some points out. I'm also considering documenting my return to aerials, so if you have any questions about that let me know.
First Recovery Post https://hopelessandfluffy.blogspot.com/2017/09/happy-to-be-here.html

No comments:

Post a Comment