February 10, 2018

My Maya | Exquisite Handmade Jewelry | My Current Collection




So I'm really interested in trying to change out my things for better quality. I've always had an obsession with old school things and a large part of that is because back in the day things were made to last. I'll definitely take quality over quantity especially for items that have the potential to change your skin color.

Personally I don't feel right when I don't where earrings but I don't want to just stock up in case something happens. I really started to think about it more seriously when I inherited jewelry from my Nana, she wasn't flashy but she always looked nice, which I think is something that just is if you were born in a certain era. 

Anyways, Maya Jewelry make beautiful pieces, pricey but quality and their organic pieces are ethically sourced, I asked.


These are the pieces I have so far, I waited for sales to buy these, however, I'm not opposed to paying full price, because as I've said Quality.


My Broken Heart Standard 22k Yellow Gold Plated  | Stem Bone | Merkato White Brass |
 Miette Shell | Piroutte 925 Silver Bone

All the fully organic pieces are either discontinued or on sale, only available in certain materials and sizes until they sell out, Stem and Miette are in the sale section. Silver pieces tend to be the more expensive, depending on the item there are several options even rose gold. I prefer the silver look and brass is a good alternative if you want something less shiny and a little more price friendly. I usually don't care for gold unless there's sentimental value attached to it, however, I do love the aesthetic of gold hoops. Yellow gold needs good care but it's still sturdy and rose gold is more likely to cause a reaction in you have sensitive ears.
So I'll definitely add more pieces to my collection at some point but these are a great for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment