January 16, 2018

First Impression | Ink Master : Return Of The Masters



Sooooo Ink Master is back!!!!


Now my initial reaction was meh. I would honestly like another season of Chris and Oliver mentoring again, however, after watching the first episode I'm definitely interested in seeing where this season goes.
Alright now let's  break it down.

Steve : Season 1
Katie, Gary, Garrett, Jeremy, Roly, Fame

Anthony : Season 7
Linzy, Mike, Jason, Juan, Daniel, Amanda

DJ : Season 9
Matt, Deanna, Josh, Frank, Lil D, Chris

Public Poll For Preferred Master
Steve 12%
Anthony 38%
DJ 50%

My first choice would be DJ as he seems more personable and artistically expressive while still being solid in fundamentals. Second would be Steve as he definitely gives off mentor vibes. He's got solid fundamentals and keeps it 100, he's not gonna baby anyone or be an ass for no reason. Now I originally had my reservations about Anothony as one of the mentors, however, he has the Ultimate Chill which is always an asset in a competition and he seemed very responsive while the artist were working for their shot so I'm lpoking for ward to see how he works.

During the sorting process it was apparent that some of the artists were sleeping on Steve, though I'm not surprised. I do think based off the first two tattoos there were a few picking errors, I feel they should've maybe had a different format for picking but the artists are all still very talented regardless. 

I'm assuming the format of the challenges will be the same or similar to Chris and Oliver's season, I haven't really thought about that. So the preview showed a bit of team drama because we need that shit (rolls eyes), drama is to be expected but I Really hope they toned that focus down because these artists look hella dumb sometimes and that's not what I'm watching for. I feel like DJ will have the most inner team drama unfortunately,  I think Steve will just say "cut that whining shit out, you're not helping" (which is what I would say) and then Anthony will zen master the fuck outta his teams minds.  

So basically it should be a great season if they're not fuck'n around too much but I'll be watching and tweeting with anticipation, let me know what you're thinking.

* My opinion has slightly changed but I'm still into it, however,  I don't want to see another season of return of the masters.

No comments:

Post a Comment