June 6, 2020

Strong Black Woman?

There was a thread on twitter about what black men love about black women; it sparked the desire for me to share how I feel about being "strong". I'm currently working on a poem about "strong black women", I may post it hear or try to publish somewhere else.


I never thought to highly of the saying "Strong Black Woman". It didn't register with me until I was in an abusive relationship. He'd use "I'm strong" as an excuse not to notice if something was wrong until I was in tears. I had to tell him exactly what was wrong; even if I wasn't ready to speak on it. Strong became bad things happen to you because you can take it. 
For all I've been through I am resilient but strong I am not. -KaiaCeline

I want to create art, be helpful and enjoy my life. I've been going back and forth about sharing; it's helpful, however, it's also painful. Things happen in their own time and as I've been feeling compelled to share, since even before the protests started; I'm just going to write and when I feel the desire I'll share.

Hope you all are well as can be. Feel free to let me know in the comments.

-HopelessAndFluffy  

No comments:

Post a Comment