September 10, 2019

It's My Name



I imagine at some point most kids wonder what made their parents choose their name. When I was a kid I would often flip through the baby name book and think, out of all this names how'd they choose. I enjoyed reading the origins and meanings of names, I don't know where the book is now but in this version Kaia is African(I don't know what region) and means Seasons Beginning. I can't find that meaning of my name if I look online today but I did find plenty of others.

The fist thing to come up was :
Kaia is also a derivation of Gaia (Greek for earth). Kaia is not the feminine form of the the Hawaiian word for "sea" (kai). Hawaiian = Depending on diacritical marks it can mean "fast asleep" or "swing" or "to cluster together." "Kaya" in Tagalog (Filipino) means "ability, strength, power, influence."

I did some looking and found a blog post about the meanings of Kaia. I found them very comforting and in line with the perception of myself that I've been told by others,  in particular the Zulu meaning which is "home" (Ekaya is the proper word, I don't know if dropping the "e" changes that). At this point in my life the Buddhist concepts of kaia-passiddhi and kaia-viveka meaning "serenity and solitude of the body" are what resonate with me. Whether names are picked for their meaning or not I find it so fascinating when a name resonates so highly with the recipient. For example: My sister's middle name is Renee, My mother was adopted and her biological middle name is Renee, furthermore her biological mother's name is also RENEE! Which just so happens to mean rebirth.


On another note on names, there are names we use to represent things, such as the name of my blog. I had my ex pick out the name because I was having a hard time thinking of something and I was hoping he'd be a larger part of it. I love the name and feel it reigns true in a more positive sense of the first word and it's always been my blog from the beginning. I offered to change the name anyway and he said no, it's mine, he doesn't care, don't worry about it. Now I have a thing against vulnerability that I am working on but please don't expect much insight on the matter at least any time soon as I left long after I should have and unfortunately there's damage from it.  He's no longer apart of my life and I hope he and his family do well for themselves, I' appreciate if the people that do know him or of him to not mention us to one another. For the most part I'm doing petty alright but to be honest I am struggling. If I could rush healing then I would but since that's not how it works apologies in advance for inconsistencies, I don't want to be spiteful or jaded and though I'm sure it'd be easier but it's not working for me. I was born with affection pouring out and I really like myself regardless of the trouble it's caused me, hopefully I've learned all my lessons and I'll heal "properly" and won't inadvertently affect others with things that can be dealt with.

In Rastafarianism Kaia means Peace and Enlightenment
Lots of Love to everyone who reads this.


p.s. name meanings are quite funny on urban dictionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment