February 16, 2019

Let's Talk Manga : Current Favorite Reads (Ongoing)



It's been awhile since I've talked about manga on the blog so I thought I'd let you guys know what I'm reading at the moment. Of course I'm ready plenty of other titles but these are still ongoing and the ones I look forward to every month. Like most people I wish I didn't have to wait every month and in the past I would put off reading for months so I'd have a decent amount to read but that's just as irritating. I don't know how old everyone that'll come across this will be so I'm not going to include the mature titles but I will say most yaoi have great story lines. Any who, here's what I'm looking forward to, pretty sure I didn't spoil anything, feel free to let me know your thoughts or recommendations in the comments.



Skip Beat!

I've been reading this for years and I absolutely love it! I do think it's slightly drawn out in some aspects but I'm the kind of person to read the ending or get spoilers before finishing something. I did a video talking about this series and I haven't looked at it since but I'm sure it's still relevant, if you're interested it's here. This series is longer than I though it was going to be so I own a lot of the books and I now feel obligated to own them all, so one day my self with hold the completed series.








Namaikizakari

I love this series! I heard it has similarities to another basketball themed manga but I don't recall reading any other mangas where basketball is the running theme. I really like the direction this manga is going, however, I heard that the whole love rivalry thing is going to get more heated, which I don't agree with. In the end I'm sure I'll enjoy the outcome so I'll just wait month by month, hoping for my ideal outcome. I heard there's a drama adaptation but that person said it didn't meet the standards of the manga. so I've held off on checking it out but I will at some point.





Akatsuki No Yona

I really love mangas that are set in a historical time period, there are plenty that deal with time traveling back to a period but I find that some of those rush the story along and I'm left unsatisfied. I am partial to the fantasy genre though. I'm so invested in this story, waiting drives me nuts and I get so excited and anxious after reading the latest chapter. 












Ookami heika no hanayome

I heard that this manga is almost over but the last or latest chapter hasn't been put out yet. Pretty much all the sites that translate this series are behind, the highest chapter I've seen is maybe 70 but I'm reading the summarized version from A Dreamer On Drugs who has translated up to chapter 104. If the next chapter is the last I think it could possibly be a bit rushed but we'll see.
*Chapter 105, the final chapter was posted on the 8th. I do think more time could've been spent but it wrapped up very nicely.










Horimiya

This is so funny and good if you've had a heavy day or just need something light. A lot of the side characters are getting focus currently but it all ties back together. The story is pretty light hearted with the occasional serious bit infused.













Kusuriya No Hitorigoto

I'm completely invested in this series it's another historical/period manga. This is originally a novel that I'm currently reading the translation for here, the novels may be finished but the translation isn't and the manga is still being updated as well. This is a mystery series, romance is more so circumstantial but I do look forward to those developments.










Honey Come Honey

This story is so adorable! In a nutshell there's a seemingly innocent/ helpless character and a seemingly terrifying character that come together. There are plenty of mangas with this type of dynamic so it really just comes down to the writing and visual preference. Either way it's a pretty light hearted story even with some of the typical drama you'd expect to see in this genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment