February 16, 2016

Inspired : Hathor : Gods Of Egypt

 
 
So!!! There's this movie coming out, the so called "Gods Of Egypt" quite controversial in fact. After watching the trailer I was inspired to do my interpretation of  Hathor. If you look up her story you'll find that she was a total BadAss.
Hathor is depicted with cow horns a snake and a sun disk hence my appearance. Clearly I'm not big on symmetry as one of my horns is a tad longer and thinner than the other and I was accidently a bit heavier on one eye than the other but it's all good.
I took some pictures, I put filters on a few, hope you like them. I also provided what I used and filmed the makeover. You can watch it here, it's a little slow but it picks up I promise or you could jump ahead if you really want to.
 
I was trying to emulate wings which I draw quite well on paper and clearly not so well on myself but such is life. Also there's a golden champagne lip gloss that doesn't quite pop in photos but again, life. 
 
 
I like the antique vibes of these
 
 
Gives me more SG1 vibes
 
I had to wrap my hair around the horns so they'd stay up
 
 
My Gear & Set Up
 

 
Got all my war paint together with a few back ups 
 


 
Air Dry Clay & Spray Paint // Painted Rubber Snake
 
 
MadeULook Brushes // Too Faced Endless Summer 16hr Long Wear Bonzer // Artisan Color Baked Bronzer // Kat Von D True Romance Eye Shadow Palette // Nars Crème Eyeliner // Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer // NYX Retractable Lip Liner // NYX Studio Liquid Liner // NYX Shadow Glam Stick // Mac  Maleficent True Love's Kiss // Artistry Light Up Lip Gloss
 
Let me know your thoughts on the movie and on my interpretation and what you would've done and so forth.
 
Update : I have not wasted my money to see the movie for a review but I found a glorious review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment