October 29, 2017

Top 7 : Halloween Time Films | HopelessAndFluffy


Hey all, I've been thinking about starting a my top seven series. Five being to limiting, ten being to broad, six seems like a good number considering this is about Halloween but I have a thing for odd numbers and this will be a series. If memory serves me seven is one of my lucky numbers also these lists won't be written in any specific order. Any who, what better list to start with than for All Hallows Eve. ;P
(Movies from the same franchise will still count as one)





Obviously I have to include this little classic beauty. The remakes were good and I love how they reused Danielle Harris but they still don't top the originals, besides everyone loves a throwback. Especially with you abundance of remakes hitting the market.

So obviously the first two movies go hand in hand. One through five are my favorite and the best in my opinion, though I have a tendency to forget what number tree was and eight is an absolute guilty pleasure.

An absolute marathon must!











The obligatory spooky story film. Creepy and cute but  also entertaining. Not too serious but not a comedy and I love when stories tie together properly.

Perfect for a date and a house party.















How can you not Love Sleepy Hollow. From the story to the script to the cast and cinematography it's wonderful. Plus the headless horseman is an icon that everyone knows even if they don't know the tale

This is one of my all time favorite Tim Burton films. I couldn't get into the TV series my dad kept watching and said it was decent but went downhill when Nicole Beharie left.













I have no idea how well known this franchise is but the first one is definitely the best. The other two are still interesting/entertaining but not particularly necessary, though they're not gonna ruin your day if you're just binging movies.














How could I not include this gem and I adore the creeper's theme song, I die for vintage. Ironically I was watching Jeepers Creepers 3 as I started typing this post, if you missed it . . . you really didn't.

Stick with the first two and you're golden, I promise.
there are plenty of tweets to back me up, I tweeted throughout the whole thing. If you're interested use the hashtag.












And I couldn't leave out this cult classic. Just the first movie though, the original version of course.

I don't have much to say on this one, I mean the title sells itself really but I honestly think less is more for a successful horror film. You don't need fluff and flare you need a story line, a good and solid story line. Which is what  makes them a bit of a dying art form nowadays, there's always something extra to take away from what it is at it's core. Not that there's none of that in older movies but it's still not the same.












Who doesn't love this movie!?!? 

That's actually a rhetorical questions. No one dislikes this movie. It's pure gold and family friendly.

Great to start off the night or end it if you're prone to nightmares. It's for sure a classic that everyone looks forward to on formerly known as "abc family" now freeform's 13 nights of Halloween.

I sincerely hope they really aren't going to make a sequel. Not only would it not make sense but it would most likely  damage if not ruin the franchise like the film I saw earlier today. :| (That's T not shade)


Honorable Mentions


  • Friday the 13th - The original, this was my dad's pick after Halloween
  • Pumpkin Head - It's original with a nostalgic feel
  • Halloweentown - My childhood *sniff* they could've done w/o the last one though
  • Candy Man - This is Urico's pick and in good taste
  • Scream - I'd watch this franchise anytime but I had to mention it
Kid Friendly List Here

No comments:

Post a Comment