August 15, 2017

Let's Talk Manga : New Series But Familiar


If you follow the blog you'll know I love the Alice series written by Quin Rose, well those books have several different illustrators, one of them being  Mamenosuke Fujimaru.
I've been dreadfully sad since the Alice series ended and when I was at the bookstore my eyes leaped out and I instantly snatched up this book.


It's the same type of story as the Alice books in regards to it being a twist on a childhood movie and that there's some sort of set game/rules to the "story".
 To be honest I'm a bit sick of the wizard of oz story which I realized in abundance as I started reading this. However, there were twists to hold my attention and as the story progressed it was very clear that this is not the same old story as I hoped and knew it would be. I bought the two books available without a thought and just my luck the third book won't be out until December!!!
Exactly what am I supposed to do until then. I have other books to keep reading but still. I don't think this series will have very many books, it has a bit of a rapid progression, not that there's really any need for it to be slow. I don't think this will spawn any spin offs like Alice since that's a different author, however, these are under the same publishing company (Seven Seas) so we'll see, that sort of fan fiction type of story may not even fit with this story. Besides two books still leave room to theorize but regardless of that I think I'll be enjoying this series, even with the long wait in between books.
So let me know what series you're thoroughly enjoying and let me know if I should do a post on some of my favorite manga, currently reading or finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment